Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Underfables: The Pious Bacteria

     The Pious Bacteria



            Once upon a time, two bacteria argued over who owned the corner of a grain of sand.

            One bacterium said, “God gave me this corner of this grain of sand.”

            The other bacterium said, “No. God gave me this corner of this grain of sand.”

            The first bacterium said, “May God regret your existence.”

            The second bacterium said, “No. May God regret your existence.”

            An angel flying by overheard this dispute.

            The angel said to God, “Who owns that corner of that grain of sand?”

            And God said, “Bacteria.”

            The angel said, “But they’re both bacteria.”

            And God said, “Good!”

            The angel said, “You approve of them, but they do not approve of each other.”

            And God said, “I am not them.”


            Moral:  Speak for yourself!


Commentary on the Underfable:
I, the ironic author of this fable, practice the same God-puppetry that I denounce.
I was inspired to write this fable by contemplating Middle Eastern politics.


No comments:

Post a Comment