Sunday, March 11, 2012

Abolish Daylight Savings Time

Abolish Daylight Savings Time



Once again I must ride a favorite hobbyhorse of mine; the absurdity and unhealthiness of Daylight Savings Time. 

Once again the State officiously interferes with the clock, and with people's sleep cycles. Once again, just like half a year ago, the entire country suffers from an hour's worth of jet-lag. Once again there will be a spike in illness and accidents.

“Fall back” was bad enough, but “Spring forward” means we all lose an hour of sleeping-in time. My schedule forces me to awake at 6:30 AM; and only in the last few weeks that meant I could wait until sunrise; but now, once again, I must awake in pitch black.

And for what? To “save daylight”? What utter nonsense. Is evening self more important than morning self?

Abolish Daylight Savings Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment