Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Kozmik Katz and Sogwa Introduction


Today, October 24th, 2012, is the first birthday of our two Kozmik Katz, Charles and Katniss, now no longer kittens. They shall get new cat toys; and starting today, this blog shall run two weeks of stories starring Sogwa, my daughter’s old favorite cat doll.


Introduction:
     Who is Sogwa?

            Once upon a time a collection of stories needed an Introduction, but nobody knew what to say. That was embarrassing, so Sogwa the supercat decided to do something about it.

            So last night, in the middle of a dream, Sogwa walked right up to me and introduced herself. She said, “Hi there! I’m Sogwa the supercat and I’m six years old. Who are you?”
            I mumbled my name and my age, and I said, “What do you want?”
            Sogwa said, “I want to tell you my stories, for  you to report. So please ask me the reporter’s questions; Who, What,  How, Where, When and Why.”
            I said, “You’ve told me Who you are; so tell me, Sogwa, What do you do for a living?”
            Sogwa said, “I do as much nothing as possible. I’m a purry furry cat, and a prowly yowly cat, whatever suits me at the time. I’m a mighty hunter, a science whiz, and a quarrel-mender; but I also like to take long naps.”
            “How are you so super?”
            “I’m super because I’m extra nice, and genius smart, and hero brave.”
            “Where have you been and when were you there?”
            “I have been to Heaven and Hell and Outer Space. I have visited the Future, the Past, and the City That Only Kids Can See.”
            “Why these stories? And why tell them to me?”
            “I tell you these stories, so you can tell them to a certain special friend of mine and yours. She’s one of my favorite people.”
            “Mine too,” I said.
            And Sogwa said, “That is why I dedicate these six stories
                                                            With Love,
                                                            To Hannah.”
           
            That’s the story that Sogwa told me last night, and now I’ve told it to you. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment