Friday, February 1, 2013

Underfables: Four Daughters



      Four Daughters




         Once upon a time, four girls awoke to discover that their father was nowhere to be seen.

         The obedient daughter said, “He’s there, he’s hiding, he’s watching, so I’d better do what he wants me to do.”

         The rebellious daughter said, “He’s watching, but if he can play a trick on me, then I can play a trick on him.”

         The sneaky daughter said, “He’s not watching, he’s not hiding, he’s not there, so I get to do what I want to do.”

         The honest daughter said, “He’s not watching, he’s not hiding, he’s not there, but why act any different?”

         The rebellious and the sneaky daughters went to the kitchen. They raided the cookie jar, and they scattered crumbs all over the floor.

         The obedient and the honest daughters got out paper and crayons. They drew pictures of puppies and kittens, and they spelled out the words D-O-G and C-A-T.

         When their father returned, he said to the honest  daughter, and also to the rebellious daughter, “I know who you are.” Then he said to the sneaky daughter, and also to the obedient daughter, “Who are you?”


         Moral: Know as you would be known.


No comments:

Post a Comment