Monday, December 22, 2014

Mutual One-Upsmanship, an Underfable



Mutual One-Upsmanship


Once upon a time a Poor Male Lunatic said to a Rich Female Psychiatrist, “Don’t you worry your pretty little head about me. I am a man, I need no female control, despite my economic deprivation.”

The Psychiatrist smiled. She said, “You mansplain to repress your feelings of failure. Beneath your pride is economic insecurity. If only you had worked smarter, or harder, then by now you would be far wealthier.”

The Madman said, “Check your privilege! Your attempts to richsplain me fail, for gender trumps class.”

The Psychiatrist said, “Privilege is intersectional. You forget that I am a Doctor.”

The Madman replied, “And you forget that I am the Emperor Napoleon.”


Moral: Condescension is relative.




No comments:

Post a Comment